Guidelines for Applicants
The Yangon Film School is accepting applications for the next Art of Documentary Filmmaking Beginnersʼ Workshop and the next Beginners’ Screenwriting Workshop, both scheduled for August 2012.
1. Entries will be accepted on a rolling basis. The closing date for submissions to the current workshop is 25 April 2012 at 5pm
2. Only Myanmar nationals permanently resident in Myanmar may apply
3. Applicants should be between the ages of 22 and 40
4. YFS is committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of gender
5. YFS also encourages applications from members of Myanmarʼs diverse ethnic groups
6. Applicants who are full-time employees of INGOs may also submit an application; however, fees for tuition, food and accommodation will apply. Please contact YFS for a schedule of fees
7. Entries should be sent either via email to email@example.com or submitted to the
YFS house at: 51E U Po Tet Road, Mayangone Township, Yangon
8. Submission of an application confirms the entrant’s acceptance of the terms and rules
9. Unless specifically requested, submission materials will not be kept for collection by applicants
10. Application Process:
Step 1: Submit application form and all supporting documents/items
Step 2: Interview
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview with YFS Director and at least one YFS Committee member.
Step 3: Acceptance
Only successful candidates will be notified, within three months of their interview.
Step 4: Registration Fees
On acceptance of a place on the course, all participants are expected to pay a non-refundable registration fee amounting to MMK 60,000.
This registration fee must be paid to the YFS Cashier at 51E, U Po Tet Road, Mayangone Township, Yangon, no later than two weeks before commencement of the course.
Download the Art of Documentary Filmmaking Beginners’ Workshop Application form
Download the Beginners’ Screenwriting Workshop Application form
Technical assistance regarding the application process can be found here.